Director for the Center for Fetal Therapy at Johns Hopkins Medicine, Dr. Ahmet Alexander Baschat, answers frequently asked questions about Twin-to-Twin Transfusion syndrome:
· What is twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome?
· How common is TTTS?
· When is a mother typically diagnosed with TTTS?
· What happens if it goes untreated?
· How is twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome typically treated?
· What are the risks of this procedure?
· What can a patient expect after this procedure?
· Is there any special follow up required after the birth of the twins?
· Why refer to Johns Hopkins for this procedure?
Director, Center for Fetal Therapy and Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics