The High Value Practice Academic Alliance (HVPAA) and the American Hospital Association present:
Architecture of High Value Health Care Conference
Nov. 15–17, 2019
Baltimore Convention Center
Mark your calendars for the annual Architecture of High Value Health Care Conference. Co-directed by HVPAA and AHA, and sponsored by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, the conference shares leading practices and provides immersive skill-building experiences regarding value-based care. The conference is designed to broadly disseminate successful initiatives from medical centers across the country to improve health care quality and safety while reducing costs. Participants can receive continuing medical education credits and maintenance of certification points.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in targeted sessions on appropriate use of tests and treatments for patients in the ambulatory, hospital, emergency and pediatric care settings.
- Learn about performance improvement projects through oral and poster presentations delivered by value-added care champions at institutions across the country.
- Attend immersive skill-building workshops directed by faculty experts from multiple academic medical centers.
NOW OPEN! Call for Abstracts!
Organizers are seeking abstracts from faculty, staff and trainees who would like to make oral presentations or display posters. Interested individuals can learn more and access the online abstract form here. Value improvement categories include:
- Improving diagnostic appropriateness
- Improving treatment/interventional appropriateness
- Clinical care pathways
- Reducing unwarranted practice variability
- Optimization of patient care setting to reduce ED visits and hospitalizations
- Improving transitions including hospital discharge
- Preventive medicine
- Evidence-based screening
- Provider behavior modification
- Information technology innovation
- High value care educational curricula
Submit an Abstract
Jan. 1, 2019
Abstract submission site opens
April 30, 2019
Abstract submission deadline by 11:59 p.m. PST
June 15, 2019
Abstract submission notifications
Nov. 15–17, 2019