Gain insights into the status of COVID-19, testing, caring for COVID-19 patients with co-morbidities and how to access Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 7 p.m. EST (U.S. and Canada)
COVID Insights from Johns Hopkins Medicine
|7 - 7:05 p.m.||Welcome by Moderator – Dr. Jon Efron|
|7:05 - 7:20 p.m.||COVID-19 Medical Update – Dr. Lisa Maragakis|
|7:20 - 7:30 p.m.||Testing – Availability of testing for active COVID-19 and antibodies at Johns Hopkins Medicine, which test, where, capacity, response time and availability for referring physicians – Dr. Karen Carroll|
|7:30 - 7:40 p.m.||Caring for COVID-19 Patients with Co-Morbidities|
|7:40 - 8 p.m.||Questions and Answers, Moderator – Dr. Jon Efron|
|8 - 8:10 p.m.||Telemedicine – Dr. Brian Hasselfeld|
|8:10 - 8:20 p.m.||Re-Opening (Clinical specialty referral and in-person appointments, state certification, precautions at all ambulatory and Johns Hopkins Medicine hospitals sites in Maryland) – Dr. Stephen Sisson|
|8:20 - 8:28 p.m.||Ambulatory Surgery – Dr. Lisa Ishii|
|8:28 - 8:30 p.m.||Closing Remarks by Moderator – Accessing Care (CareLink, HAL, Referral Line; Follow-up notes) – Dr. Jon Efron|
With a special breakout room for physicians practicing in Washington, D.C.
|8 - 8:10 p.m.||Telemedicine – Ed Grogan|
|8:10 - 8:20p.m.||Clinical specialty referral and in-person appointments, state certification, precautions at Sibley Memorial Hospital – Dr. Jen Abele|
|8:20 - 8:28 p.m.||Ambulatory Surgery Procedures – Dr. Hasan Zia and Dr. Josh Ammerman|
|8:28 - 8:30 p.m.||Closing Remarks by Moderator – Accessing Care|
COVID-19 Physician Webinar Q&A
- How do I refer my patient?
- Is the Johns Hopkins Access Line (HAL) only for inpatient transfers?
- Do all service lines offer telemedicine?
- What information does my patient need prior to coming to Hopkins?
- Can I receive updates on my patient’s care after they are referred to Johns Hopkins?
- How are we keeping patients safe?
- What care options are available for my patients?
- I am interested in learning more about the research that is being done for COVID-19. Where can I learn more about what JHM is doing?
- How many patients has JHM treated for COVID-19?
- What elective surgeries and procedures are now available to patients?
- Is there an interactive tool to have patient self-check themselves for COVID-19 symptoms, learn how to protect themselves and other from COVID-19 and get information important to caregivers?
- Where can I find COVID-19 updates for the Children’s Center?
- Where can my patients currently get elective procedures done?
- I have patients that will need imaging done. Where can I find updates from Johns Hopkins Imaging to refer my patients?
For information, please contact Leslie Waldman, Director Consumer and Referring Physician Engagement:
firstname.lastname@example.org; (c) 410-499-7082, (h) 410-358-8871, (w) 410-55-8664