Johns Hopkins transplant surgeon Andrew Cameron discusses the liver transplant procedure and recovery, the incision, quality of life after transplant, research and rejection medication.
1. Describe liver transplant. (0:11)
2. Explain the recovery from surgery. (0:40)
3. What kind of scar will be present afterwards? (1:01)
4. What quality of life can a patient expect after a liver transplant? (1:18)
5. How does our transplant research affect patient care? (1:37)
6. What is the most rewarding thing about your work? (2:12)
7. What makes the Hopkins program unique? (2:38)