Mouen Khashab, assistant professor of medicine and director of therapeutic endoscopy, discusses peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM)—how it is performed, who is eligible for the procedure, expected outcomes and the key benefits.
1. What is POEM? (0:11)
2. What is esophageal achalasia? (0:30)
3. Who does this condition affect and what symptoms are common? (1:20)
4. How is POEM performed? (1:46)
5. Who is eligible for the procedure? (3:12)
6. What are the expected outcomes? (3:36)
7. What are the key benefits of POEM? (3:54)